Skip to main content

Things you should know about income tax

Given the current economic climate, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago has placed even more emphasis on the collection of taxes. There are a few important things I should highlight.

1) All taxpayers are entitled to a Personal Allowance of TT$72,000.00 per year. This means that you do not pay income tax on your first TT$72,000.00 of income, so you pay no income tax at all if you earn less than this amount.



2) Tertiary Education expenses is limited to $60000
3) First time homeowners are limited to $18000
4) Contributions or premiums paid to deferred annuities/tax savings/pension fund plans and 70% NIS contributions is now limited to $50000 annually.

I have attached the link below for further details.
https://www.finance.gov.tt/services/income-tax/paying-your-taxes/




Comments

  1. Thanks for again for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly didn't know about some of this info once again, thank you for the information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Video brought back so many memories

This was certainly a blast from the past. Little did I know that this would have had such immense impacted my life . Enjoy and sing along.

What do you want?

I remembered sitting in school as a young child visualizing what I wanted to be when I grew up. Little did I know that life doesn't always go according to your plan. there are bills, rent, mortgage, school fees, car payments and grocery bills that keep increasing month after month. After giving it some thought I've come to realize that everyone basically want the same thing: 1) to protect their children and love ones from poverty 2) to maintain good health and ensure money is available if they do become ill. 3) to have adequate savings "although saving might be an issue" 4) most  people want to retire early with a comfortable pension With over twenty five years experience in the financial industry , I have decided to share basis financial advice that can be used to take you through this difficult economic climate.

A simple budget to increase savings

      . Budgeting is about control          . Understand what's your true monthly income     . Think emergency fund     . List all monthly expenses